Raman spectroscopy is a powerful analytical technique used in a wide range of applications, including energy, industrial fermentation, and biotechnology. A Raman system measures the scattered light from a sample and provides information about its chemical composition and structure. However, accurate and precise Raman measurements require careful calibration of the system. This is where a factory calibrated Raman system can provide significant benefits.
A factory calibrated Raman system, like the All-In-One, is calibrated to industry standards during the manufacturing process, ensuring accurate and consistent measurements. This means that the system is ready to use right out of the box, without the need for additional calibration or setup.
5 Key Reasons for Purchasing a Factory Calibrated Raman System
Here are some of the key reasons why you should consider buying a factory calibrated Raman system:
1. Accuracy: A factory calibrated Raman system is calibrated to industry standards, ensuring that the measurements are accurate and precise. This means that you can rely on the data provided by the system to be consistent and trustworthy, which is particularly important in applications where small changes in Raman spectra can have significant implications.
2. Efficiency: A factory calibrated Raman system allows you to start using the system right away, without the need for additional calibration or setup. This can save you time and money, as you won’t need to spend additional resources or need dedicated staff to calibrate the system.
3. Reproducibility: A factory calibrated Raman system provides reproducible results, meaning that you can trust the system to produce the same results every time you use it. This is particularly important if you need to compare Raman spectra over time or across different samples.
4. Compliance: If your industry or application requires compliance with specific regulations or standards, a factory calibrated Raman system can ensure that your measurements meet those requirements. This can help you avoid costly mistakes or regulatory issues.
5. Support: Factory calibrated Raman systems often come with comprehensive support from the manufacturer, including technical support, training, and maintenance. This can be particularly valuable if you are new to Raman spectroscopy or need assistance with troubleshooting or maintenance.
Benefits of Purchasing a Factory Calibrated Raman System
In addition to the benefits mentioned above, a factory calibrated Raman system can also provide other advantages, such as:
Lower cost of ownership: A factory calibrated Raman system can have a lower cost of ownership over time compared to a non-calibrated system. This is because a non-calibrated system may require frequent calibration or maintenance to ensure accurate measurements. Over time, these costs can add up, whereas a factory calibrated system is designed to require less maintenance and calibration, leading to lower long-term ownership costs.
Scalability: A factory calibrated Raman system can be easily scaled up or down to meet changing application requirements. This is particularly important in research and development, where new experiments or projects may require different types of Raman measurements. With a factory calibrated system, you can easily add or remove components to adapt to changing needs. For applications where scalability is required, factory calibration supports hardware stability, which enables the deployment of single model suites to every analyzer in the process.
Boost productivity: A factory calibrated Raman system can also help boost productivity by streamlining the measurement process. Since the system is already calibrated, you can quickly and easily obtain accurate measurements without the need for additional setup or calibration. You also don’t have to waste precious time taking your system offline for calibration. This can save time and effort, and free up personnel from repetitive, time-consuming tasks.
Overall, a factory calibrated Raman system can provide a range of benefits, including accuracy, efficiency, reproducibility, compliance, support, lower cost of ownership, scalability, and productivity. When considering purchasing a Raman system, it’s important to weigh these benefits against the cost and other factors to make an informed decision.
It’s worth noting that here at MarqMetrix, we have been running a four-year calibration study on a single All-In-One Process Raman system. This machine was calibrated on the day of manufacture and has not been recalibrated since, yet it’s still running perfectly and producing accurate measurements. This is a testament to the quality of factory calibration and the durability of the components used in the machine.
This study highlights the fact that factory calibrated Raman systems can be highly reliable and require minimal maintenance over time. While regular calibration may be necessary in some cases, the fact that this machine has been running for four years without recalibration is a strong indication of its quality and performance. You can learn more here.
Learn more about our 4 year calibration study showing hardware stability